By Simon Willis No sooner had it taken pride of place in the room, the variable resistor that served to dim or brighten the light ceased to function.
What does VARISTOR stand for?
VARISTOR stands for Variable Resistor
This definition appears very frequently
- Vacuum Assisted Resin Injection (molding process)
- Van Andel Research Institute (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Variable Capacity
- Voltage Variable Capacitor
- Visual Arts Research Institute Edinburgh (Scotland; UK)
- Vacuum to Antimatter-Rocket Interstellar Explorer System (interstellar voyages)
- Values and Religion in European Societies (Pan-European research project)
- Viação Aérea Rio Grandense SA (Brazilian Airline)
- Vacuum Assisted Resin Infusion System
- Visual, Auditory and Kinaesthetic (learning styles)
- Veterinary Allergy Reference Laboratory
- Vitamin A-Replete Lipocytes
- Victorian Academic and Research Libraries Acquisitions Consortium (Victoria, Australia)
- Vulnerability Assessment/Risk Management
- Valeur d'Activité Résiduelle Modélisée Acceptable (French: Modelled Value of Residual Activity Acceptable; nuclear power regulation)
- Victorian Association of Radio Model Soaring (Australia)
- Vehicular Astropod Research Nacelle (Might and Magic gaming series)
- Vocal Arts Resource Network (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nanococomposites are attractive for resistor applications because variable resistor materials can be formed simply by changing the metal insulator ratio.