Unique combinations of serogroup, PorA variable region 1 (VR1), PorA variable region 2 (VR2), and variable region of FetA (FetA VR) were termed fine types.
What does VR1 stand for?
VR1 stands for Variable Region 1
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VR1
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Fleet Tactical Support Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1960 to 1976)
- Virtual Reality - Haptics Symposium
- Vitterbi Receiver with Intra-Block Interference Cancellation
- Virtual Reality - Immersive Projection Technology Symposium
- Variable-Rate Multi-Modal Speech Coder
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
- Vertical Replication coupled with Horizontal Expansion
- Variability Reduction/Statistical Process Control
- Vanilloid Receptor Subtype 1 (nociceptor of sensory neurons)
- Variable Ratio 2 (psychiatry)
- variable ratio three
- Variable Region 3
- Variable Ratio 4 (psychiatry)
- Variable Region 5
- Versetzt Reihe 6 (German, Volkswagen engine)
- Rough Airspeed (aviation)
- Vacation Rental Advertising (various locations)
- Validated Requirements Authority
- Vampire Rights Amendment (True Blood; TV show)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Variations between 2 clusters have been observed in variable region 1 because of 3-aa length differences and in the variable region 2 because of a substitution from 440 Leu to Gin, the latter of which dramatically affected the hydropathic character of this region.