The leak, caused by a hairline fracture in the variable exhaust nozzle fuel pump, was a serious discrepancy which could have led to an in-flight engine fire if fuel had continued to spill onto and into the engine.
What does VEN stand for?
VEN stands for Variable Exhaust Nozzle
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VEN
We have 19 other meanings of VEN in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Event Management System
- Virtual Exhibition Management System
- Virtual Expert Mass Spectrometrist
- Visible Emissions Monitoring System
- Visionary & Enterprising Management Services (Salisbury East, South Australia)
- Volume Expiratoire Maximum Seconde (French)
- Vehicle and Equipment Management Support Office (US Air Force)
- Value Exchange and Marketing Technology (Netherlands)
- Visual Environment Maintenance Trainer (Royal Australian Air Force)
- Voluntary Environmental Mitigation Use Restriction (land use covenant; Arizona)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The hook and parts of the aircraft's variable exhaust nozzle assembly were severed from the aircraft.