He and his colleagues compiled data from multiple gene sequences derived from many sources to find over 9,400 variable characters that contain parsimony information, which collectively refers to the shared, derived traits that help biologists infer species relationships on the tree of life.
What does VARCHAR stand for?
VARCHAR stands for Variable Character
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VARCHAR
- Vietnam Agency for Radiation and Nuclear Safety and Control
- Van Allen Radiation Belt
- Vehicle Accident Review Board (various locations)
- Valley Amateur Radio Club (various organizations)
- Valley Animal Research Centre (New Zealand)
- Vernon Area Rehabilitation Center
- Victoria Amateur Radio Club (Texas)
- Vintage American Race Cars
- Virginia Autism Resource Center
- Valley Association of Retarded Children and Adults
- Various Characters
- Victoria AIDS Resource & Community Service Society (Canada)
- Valley Advocates for Responsible Development (Driggs, ID)
- Video-Assisted Retroperitoneal Debridement
- Voluntary Association for Rural Development
- Valemount and Area Recreation Development Association (British Columbia, Canada)
- Victims of Air Related DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) Association (UK)
- Voice Activated Radio Dispatched Alarm
- Value Added Researched and Developed Intelligent Architecture (Toshiba)
- Variable Annuity Research and Data Service (Marietta, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 will include support for 18 character table and column names, 255 character index key lengths, 32Kb SQL statement sizes and 8Kb variable character data type sizes.
Data was entered into the computer in designated fields which were organized specifically for each variable character, length of response field, type of response, and position in the database.