has announced that a new study published in the peer-reviewed journal Critical Care Medicine demonstrates that noninvasive, continuous monitoring of Masimo Pleth Variability Index (PVI[R]) predicts fluid responsiveness with high sensitivity (95%) and specificity (91%) in mechanically-ventilated patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
What does VI stand for?
VI stands for Variability Index
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VI
We have 17 other meanings of VI in our Acronym Attic
- Vereniging Historische Zweefvliegtuigen (Dutch: Vintage Glider Club of the Netherlands)
- Volcanic Hazard-Zone (New Zealand)
- Critical Engine Failure Velocity (takeoff decision speed)
- Heading to A Course Intercept
- Internal Velocity
- See Below (from Latin: Vide Infra)
- Vala Industries (Portugal)
- Valid Interrupt
- Validity Interval
- Vancouver Island (Canada)