amp;#8220;With the press filled with the daily 'newest and greatest,' it is refreshing to have companies, like SIM2, that represent a constant in a world of vaporware.
What does V/W stand for?
V/W stands for Vaporware
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Slang/chat, popular culture
We have 10 other meanings of V/W in our Acronym Attic
- Vertical Track
- Five of Five (music theory; secondary dominant)
- Vent Valve
- Verification & Validation
- Vice Versa (also seen as VV)
- Volume to Volume
- Volume Variability Index (psychology)
- Volts/Volts Alternating Current
- Viewers per Viewing Household
- Villus Height:Crypt Depth
- Vampire: the Masquerade (game from White Wolf Publishing)
- Vysoká Škola Ekonomická (University of Economics, Prague, Cz)
- Velocity of Unloaded Shortening (physiology)
- Version 0
- Version 0 Information Management System (former NASA satellite database)
- Pilotless Flying Bomb
- Take-Off Decision Speed (aviation)
- Trigeminal Nerve (fifth cranial, ophthalmic division)
- Vergeltungswaffe 1 (German flying bomb used in WWII)
Samples in periodicals archive:
14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In order to highlight its leadership in the ITSM reporting space, and to reduce any confusing associations with vaporware, Hagrid Solutions has rebranded itself as its namesake product: Xtraction.
lt;p>While promising to be "respectful" and not outright trash the mysterious Chrome OS, Ballmer did point out that Google's desktop operating system won't ship for a year and a half, a fact that relegates it to the vaporware category for now.
It contained a good deal of copy about what's right and what's vaporware about the new XYZ system and promised the next issue would have an extensive user report on the new product.
Today, most industries sport their own versions of vaporware, if not in form, then certainly in substance.
A brand-new survey of mortgage industry users of loan origination systems (LOS) asked for honest ratings of vendors on delivery time, customer support, vaporware and functionality.
As business editors, we at CE are ever admiring the inventive dialect of Silicon Valley wordsmiths, whose ingenuity and humor introduced mainstream nouns like vaporware (much-hyped, but never available software) and coasterware (software so useless it remains shrinkwrapped).
One of the few partners with more than a vaporware service is Personable.