ADJUSTING OUR PRIORITIES THE ROLE MONEY PLAYS IN OUR LIVES BY KAREN PLATER ACCORDING to the Vanier Institute of the Family, in the past decade the debt per household for Canadian families has advanced by 45 per cent, with a debt to income ratio currently at 145 per cent.
What does VIF stand for?
VIF stands for Vanier Institute of the Family (Institut Vanier de la Famille - Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VIF
We have 39 other meanings of VIF in our Acronym Attic
- Visual Interactive Effective Worlds (research program; Lorentz Center; Netherlands)
- Vienna International Workshop on Distance Education and Training
- Vancouver Island Earth Works Society (Canada)
- Vendor Initiative for Enabling Web Services (consortium; library automation)
- Video Imagery Exploitation Workstation
- Video Intelligence Enhanced Workstations Systems
- Visibility Information Exchange Web System (Cooperative Institute for Research in the Atmosphere; Colorado State University; Fort Collins, CO)
- Visual Interactive Environment for Weapons Simulation
- Vålerengens Idrettsforening (Oslo, Norway)
- Value of Inforce Business
- Variable Investment Fund
- Variance Inflation Factor
- Vehicle Integration Facility
- Venture Investment Fund Limited (New Zealand)
- Verify In Field
- Versicherung, Immobilien, Finanzierung (German: Insurance, Real Estate, Financing)
- Vertical Integration Facility (rocket launching)
- Very Important Freak
- Very Important Friend
- Very Integration Friendly
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1969, Mary was appointed to the Vanier Institute of the Family, a charitable organization that works to promote the well being of Canadian families.
The Vanier Institute of the Family defines family as any combination of two or more persons who are bound together over time by ties of mutual consent, birth and/or adoption, or placement and who, together, assume responsibilities for some of the following: * Physical maintenance and care of group members; * Addition of new members through procreation or adoption; * Socialization of children; * Social control of members; * Production, consumption, distribution of goods and services; and, * Nurturing--love.
Vanier Institute of the Family, 94 Centrepoint Drive, Ottawa, K12G 6B1 Free trade, globalization and capitalistocracy : the seige against public healthcare in Canadta H.
This is a situation the Vanier Institute of the Family doesn't like one little bit.