In 2008, he was appointed as chancellor of Vancouver Island University, becoming BC's first Indigenous chancellor.
What does VIU stand for?
VIU stands for Vancouver Island University (Nanaimo, BC, Canada)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VIU
We have 9 other meanings of VIU in our Acronym Attic
- Vignan Institute of Technology & Science (India)
- Vehicle Integration Test Team (US NASA)
- Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association (Australia)
- Vietnam Information Technology Training Institute (Hanoi, Vietnam; Vietnam National University)
- Virtual Information Technology University (Pakistan)
- Voyage Into the Unknown (UK)
- Vancouver Island Travel Watch (Vancouver Island Travel Deals)
- Voices in the Wilderness (US and UK)
- Volunteers in the World (UK)
- Value in Use (pricing)
- Vehicle Identification Unit
- Vehicle Interface Unit
- Vendor Interface Unit
- Venice International University (Venice, Italy)
- Video Interface Unit (various companies)
- Virginia International University (Fairfax, Virginia)
- Visual Interface Unit
- Visual Internal Urethrotomy (surgical procedure)
- Voice Interface Unit
- VHDL International Users Forum
Samples in periodicals archive:
The schools participating on the tour: Carleton University, Columbia College, University of Winnipeg, University of Alberta, Dalhousie University, Memorial University, University of Windsor, Vancouver Island University, Mount Saint Vincent University, University of Manitoba, and Saint Mary University.
The Reviewer Jacqueline Foster is currently Chair of the School of International Education in Vancouver Island University.
Hagan (English, Vancouver Island University, Canada) and Wells (English, Manhattanville College) have selected studies on the influence of their interest in the arts as seen in Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights and Villette.
The new universities, which insure that university degree programs are available in more regions of the province, are: * Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo; * University of the Fraser Valley in Abbots ford; * Kwantlen Polytechnic University with campuses in Surrey, Richmond and Langley; * Capilano University in North Vancouver; and * Emily Carr University of Art and Design in Vancouver.
At the First Nations Student Services Centre at Vancouver Island University, there are services for new students that help with applications, registration, information on bursaries and scholarships.
The event took place at Vancouver Island University on the Nanaimo campus.