Vacuum assisted closure (VAC) is an effective tool for treatment of chronic wounds with application of continuous suction, which accelerates the healing process (2).
What does VAC stand for?
VAC stands for Vacuum Assisted Closure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VAC
We have 272 other meanings of VAC in our Acronym Attic
- Value Added Business Solutions
- Variational Asymptotic Beam Sectional Analysis
- Video A/B Switch
- Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scale
- Voluntary Action Barra and Vatersay (Scotland, UK)
- Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- V Amphibious Corps
Samples in periodicals archive:
who wrote "Sternal Wound Infection Management with a Combination of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO2) and Vacuum Assisted Closure (VAC)," a paper that was accepted for presentation by the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine Society Scientific Committee in June 2010.
Experience with the vacuum assisted closure negative pressure technique in the treatment of non-healing diabetic and dysvascular wounds.