All serious adverse event reports made to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System have been fully investigated, with staff finding "no pattern or clustering .
What does VAERS stand for?
VAERS stands for Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (lists hospitalizations or deaths resulting from vaccinations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Van Andel Education Institute (Michigan)
- Verband Aargauischer Elektro-Installationsfirmen (German; Swiss electrician association)
- Virginia Abstinence Education Initiative (Virginia Department of Health)
- Voluntary Action East Lindsey (UK)
- Vermont Association of Educational Office Professionals (Springfield, VT)
- Valley Anesthesia Educational Programs, Inc. (Clive, IA)
- Victorian Aids and Equipment Program (disability; Department of Human Services; Australia)
- Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience Professionnelle et Personnelle (French: Validation of the Professional and Personal Experience)
- Vaccine Adverse Event Report
- Visual Averaged Evoked Response
- Village Adventist Elementary School (Berrien Springs, MI)
- Violet Avenue Elementary School (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- Volvo Aero Engine Services (Bromma, Sweden)
- Virginia Association of Elementary School Principals (Richmond, VA, USA)
- Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience Dans l'Enseignement Supérieur (French: Validation of Acquired Experience in Higher Education)
- Versant Aviation English Test
- Video-Assisted Endoscopic Thyroidectomy (surgical procedure)
- Valley Association for the Education of Young Children (Appleton, WI)
- Vermont Association for the Education of Young Children (Waterbury, VT)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 3 systems are: * The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)--a useful early warning public health system that helps CDC and FDA detect possible side effects or adverse events following vaccination.
Safety issues have been refuted (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention review of the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System [VAERS] database).
21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) today released a new analysis of the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) reports of serious health problems following HPV vaccination (Merck's GARDASIL) during the last six months of 2006.
Background: A study was done to determine if the apparent medication errors found in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database are true errors, and if true errors are found, to determine what corrective action was taken.
The CDC and FDA are alleging that the vast majority - if not all - of the approximately 9,000 HPV vaccine adverse events, including 27 deaths, reported to the federal Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) are not causally related to the Gardasil vaccine based on internal analysis, including review of medical records of girls and women vaccinated in HMO's participating in the federal Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) Project and other closed government operated databases.
As of October 2009, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) had received 15,037 reports of adverse reactions, including the development of Guillian-Barre syndrome, lupus, seizures, paralysis, blood clots, brain inflammation, and deaths, according to journalist Susan Brinkmann.
Rare adverse events will be monitored through the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System and the population-based Vaccine Safety Datalink, said Dr.