Furthermore, the company's VHF omnidirectional radio range (VOR) and DME will provide navigation equipment for various airports, for both en-route and terminal area guidance.
What does VORT stand for?
VORT stands for VHF Omnidirectional (Radio) Ranging Test
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VORT
- Virginia Organization of Role - Players
- Vessel Operation Restriction Regulations (Canada, marine transport)
- Valley Off-Road Racing Association (Carson City, NV)
- Victorian Off Road Racing Association (Glen Iris, Victoria, Australia)
- Very Old Rare Sherry (wine)
- Victim Offender Restitution Services (Centinela Youth Services, Inc.; Hawthorne, CA)
- Vinum Optimum Rare Signatum (Latin wine term)
- Virtual Organization Resource Selector (computer science)
- Very Ordinary Rendering Toolkit (images)
- Vestibular Ocular Reflex Test (kimmetrics)
- Very High Frequency Omni-Directional Radio Range Tactical Air Navigation Aid
- VHF Omnidirectional Range/Tactical Aircraft Control
- Vertical Portal (a subject/industry-specific web portal site)
- Vocabularies, Ontologies and Rules for the Enterprise
- Varian Omni Task Real-Time Executive
- Verification of the Origins of Rotation In Tornadoes Experiment
- Vortex Ring Transit Experiment (University of Michigan)
- Vortex Objective Radar Tracking and Circulation (hurricane tracking technique)
- Voice of Russia World Service
- Aircraft, Heavier Than Air, Observation-Scouting (US naval aircraft nomenclature)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Emirates also selected the following sensors: ADF-900 Automatic Direction Finder, DME-900 Distance Measuring Equipment, HFS-900D High Speed Data Radio, VHF-2100 Very High Frequency Transceiver, CPL-920D Coupling Unit, and VOR-900 VHF Omnidirectional Radio, the statement said.
Other equipment that Rockwell Collins will be providing includes: Communication Management Units, Satellite Communications Systems, VHF and HF transceivers, VHF Omnidirectional Radio, Distance Measuring Equipment, Automatic Direction Finders, Multi Mode Receivers, Mode S Transponders, Cockpit Voice Recorders, Flight Data Recorders, Emergency Locator Transmitters, Flight Deck Printers and the Data Management Units.