The Washington-based Uyghur American Association urged the US to demand China halt what it called a wave of persecution in Xinjiang following the 2009 unrest, which set Uighurs against members of China s dominant Han ethnic group.
What does UAA stand for?
UAA stands for Uyghur American Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UAA
We have 67 other meanings of UAA in our Acronym Attic
- Urgent Action Appeals (Amensty International)
- Urology Administration Assembly (Medical Group Management Association)
- Use Attainability Analyses
- User Authority Agent
- User Awareness Agreement
- Uskudar American Academy (high school; Turkey)
- Utah Alternate Assessment
- Utah Apartment Association
- Utilised Agricultural Area
- Utility Arborist Association
- Uniform Athlete Agents Act of 2000
- Union of Asian Alpine Association
- University of Adelaide Alumni Association (Australia)
- Upper Andro Anglers Alliance (Maine)
- Upper Arlington Alumni Association (Ohio)
- Urban Aboriginal AIDS Awareness (Canada)
- Universidad Autónoma Agraria Antonio Narro (university in Mexico)
- Undergraduate Academic Affairs Committee (various universities)
- Undergraduate Academic Affairs Council (University of Wisconsin-Superior; Superior, WI)
- United Asia Art Company (Kowloon, Hong Kong)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After Thursday's protests, she issued a statement from the United States through the Uyghur American Association saying tensions would have been eased earlier if regional party chief Wang had listened to the ''legitimate grievances'' of the Uyghur protestors in July.
But the Uyghur American Association in the United States said in a statement Monday that the incident had started out as a peaceful protest by Uyghur students but was met with ''fierce response'' by Chinese authorities.