The FCC is enchanted with this theory, but it doesn't always [transfer] well into realty," says Michael Shames, executive director for Utility Consumers' Action Network, a consumer advocacy group based in San Diego.
What does UCAN stand for?
UCAN stands for Utility Consumers' Action Network (California)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UCAN
We have 43 other meanings of UCAN in our Acronym Attic
- University of Connecticut Alumni Marching Band
- UNIX Custom Application Migration Guide
- Utah Coalition for the Advancement of Minorities in Higher Education (Utah State University; Logan, Utah)
- urinary cyclic adenosine monophosphate corrected for glomerular filtration
- Uhlich Children's Advantage Network
- Ultra-wideband Concepts for Ad hoc Networks (self-organising Wireless Personal Area Network technology project)
- United Community Action Network (Oregon)
- Universidade Catolica de Angola (Portuguese: Angolan Catholic University)
- User Circuit Mode Access to Network
- Utah Communications Agency Network
- Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico Rural Systemic Iniatative
- University Centre for Accreditation and Negotiated Awards (UK)
- Utility Contractors' Association of New England, Inc.
- University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Uniting Congregations of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Unified Cryptologic Architecture Office
- Urgent Care Association of America (Valrico, FL)
- Utah County Association of Realtors (Orem, UT)
- Unified Capabilities Assessment Program (US DoD)
- Union Contractors Advantage Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
This decision resulted from complaints about Pacific Bell's marketing practices filed by one union and the consumer advocacy groups Utility Consumers' Action Network and the Greenlining Institute/Latino Issues Forum.