FROM ISET 2013, AN INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON ENDOVASCULAR THERAPY MIAMI BEACH--Women younger than age 40 years who undergo uterine artery embolization for the treatment of uterine fibroids have a good chance of maintaining fertility and of having a good pregnancy outcome, even years following the procedure, according to findings from a retrospective chart review.
What does UAE stand for?
UAE stands for Uterine Artery Embolization (medical procedure)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UAE
We have 76 other meanings of UAE in our Acronym Attic
- United Arab Emirates
- United Army of Entropia (gaming)
- United Aromatherapy Effort
- Universal Amiga Emulator
- Université Abdelmalek Essaadi (Moroccan university)
- Unix Amiga Emulator
- Unrecoverable Application Error
- Unusable Amiga Emulator
- Urinary Albumin Excretion (medical)
- URL Action Editor
- Ukrainian-American Environmental Association (Takoma Park, MD)
- Utah Art Education Association (Springville, UT)
- Unidad Administrativa Especial de Aeronáutica Civil (Spanish: Special Administrative Unit of Civil Aeronautics; Colombia)
- United Arab Emirates Air Force
- United Arab Emirates Air Force and Air Defence
- United Arab Emirates Basketball Association
- United Arab Emirates Boxing Association
- University Academic Ethics Committee (UK)
- University Animal Ethics Committee (Australia)
- University of Alberta Edmonton Canada
Samples in periodicals archive:
He addresses anatomy and physiology, classification and pathogenesis, clinical evaluation, laboratory and imaging techniques, and potential therapeutic interventions for various types of bleeding, as well as procedures and the evidence supporting them, such as endometrial ablation, hysterectomy, polypectomy, and uterine artery embolization or occlusion.
Vignettes and quotes from real patients are interspersed throughout Q&As sections on basic facts, fibroids and pregnancy, nonsurgical and surgical treatment, uterine artery embolization, myomectomy, and hysterectomy.
UFE is also called uterine artery embolization because the radiologist will "puncture an artery in one or two legs, and (place) a small catheter, the size of a large piece of spaghetti, into the artery.
Dynamic contrast injection can be used in women who are considering uterine artery embolization (UAE) in order to evaluate the uterine arteries and the potential collateral gonadal arterial supply.
Uterine artery embolization, or UAE, is a good alternative to hysterectomy in women with symptomatic fibroids, according to a recent study from Europe that appeared in the March issue of Radiology.
The report also notes that there are too few health care practitioners trained in these other surgical therapies, such as uterine artery embolization, myomectomy and ablation therapy, and that rural and remote women, in particular, do not have access to the most current medical techniques.