Measures to improve perfusion to the placenta include the administration of intravenous fluid boluses, maternal oxygen administration, and steps to reduce uterine activity when the uterus is contracting too frequently.
What does UA stand for?
UA stands for Uterine Activity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UA
We have 25 other meanings of UA in our Acronym Attic
- User Account
- User Acquisition
- User Activity
- User Agency
- User Agent (web browser)
- User Agreement
- User Application (software)
- User Area
- User Assistance
- User Authentication
- Utility Accrual
- Uto-Aztecan (language)
- Experiment number at CERN
- University of Asia and the Pacific
- Uranyl Acetate and Lead Citrate
- Unnumbered Acknowledgement Response
- Uronic Acid to Creatinine ratio
- Unmyelinated Axon to Myelinated Fibre (ratio)
- Unstable Angina/Non St-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- Uronic Acid to Protein ratio
Samples in periodicals archive:
Electronic fetal and maternal monitoring is used during pregnancy, labor and delivery to monitor the mother's and baby's heart rate, uterine activity and fetal movement, among others.
Assessment of uterine activity in ambulatory patients at high risk of preterm labor and delivery.
The Latent Phase of the Second Stage A lull in uterine activity around the time of complete dilation is frequently observed and is sometimes referred to as the "latent phase of the second stage," the "resting phase," or the "rest and be thankful phase.
In some cases, your obstetrician may recommend the use of a home uterine activity monitoring system to document the frequency of uterine contractions which can provide helpful information about the status of your pregnancy.