So if you don't work on maintaining your usual body weight and losing extra pounds after you've gained them, by the time January 2013 comes along you will have gained over a stone in weight (during the Christmas and New Year periods alone).
What does UBW stand for?
UBW stands for Usual Body Weight
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UBW
We have 12 other meanings of UBW in our Acronym Attic
- Ultimate Backyard Wrestling
- Ultimate Bebo Wrestling (Bebo.com)
- Ultimate Bias Wrecker
- Underwater Basket Weaving :-)
- Unified Budget and Workplan
- Units by Weight (measurement)
- Unlimited Blade Works (Archer from Fate/Stay Night Anime)
- Urban Bush Women (Brooklyn, NYC dance company)
- Usable Bandwidth
- USB Bit Whacker (Spark Fun Electronics)
- United Black Women of Boulder Valley (Boulder, CO)
- Umpqua Basin Watershed Council (Oregon)
- Usborne Book of World History
- Upper Blackstone Water Pollution Abatement District (Millbury, MA)
- Userbox (Wikipedia)
- Upper Body Exercise Table (sports medicine)
- Upper Bucks YMCA (Quakertown, PA)
- Umwelt Bildungs Zentrum (German: Environmental Education Center; Styria, Austria)
- Upper Border Zone (mineralogy)
- Air Post Envelope or Letter Sheet (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our cases show that sorbitol consumption can cause not only chronic diarrhoea and functional bowel problems but also considerable unintended weight loss (about 20% of usual body weight.
Determining risk Adults are considered to be at nutritional risk if one or more of the following conditions is present: * involuntary loss or gain of more than 10% of the usual body weight within six months, or more than 5% of the usual body weight in one month, or a weight of 20% over or under ideal body weight; * chronic disease; * recent illness, surgery, or trauma; * inadequate food intake; and * difficulty absorbing nutrients (diarrhea, vomiting) (4) Assessment and treatment planning are most effective when the client and the counselor work together and when the client has a role in determining the course of action.