Patients with Usher syndrome have defective sections of their genetic code which cause problems with hearing, sight and balance.
What does US stand for?
US stands for Usher Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of US
We have 177 other meanings of US in our Acronym Attic
- University of Sydney (Sydney, Australia)
- University School (Ohio)
- Uniwersytet Szczecinski (Polish: University of Szczecin)
- Up Stage
- Upper School
- Upper Stage
- US Airways
- User Segment
- Usual Stuff (polite form)
- Ut Supra (Latin: As Above)
- Utilisateurs Simultanés (Informatique)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- United States Market Access Center (formerly International Business Incubator)
- Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act
- US Public Interest Group
- United States Special Army Cadets Program
- Undertaking Spam, Spyware, and Fraud Enforcement with Enforcers Beyond Borders Act of 2005
Samples in periodicals archive:
WHEN Lisza Hoyer was first diagnosed with Usher Syndrome she was determined it wouldn't stop her doing the things she loved - and that included reading stories to her two youngest daughters.
Usher Syndrome, which caused his deafness in the first place, is causing further potentially life-changing and destructive changes to his family.
The sea urchin has many genes linked to human diseases such as Huntington's chorea, muscular dystrophy, Usher syndrome, neurological disorders, and atherosclerosis.
Due to a condition called Usher syndrome, John was born deaf and his eyesight deteriorated as he grew.