Free apps are 401 percent more likely to track location and 314 percent more likely to access user address books than paid apps.
What does UAB stand for?
UAB stands for User Address Book
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UAB
We have 44 other meanings of UAB in our Acronym Attic
- Union of Arab Banks
- Unité Amateur Bretagne (French amateur boat builders association)
- Unité Anti-Braconnage (Belgium: anti poaching unit)
- Universidade Aberta do Brasil (Portuguese: Open University of Brazil)
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Arkansas Bands
- Unix AppleTalk Bridge
- Unsecured Appearance Bond (criminal justice)
- Until Advised By
- Utility Advisory Board (various locations)
- Uzdaroji Akcine Bendrove (Lithuanian: Limited Liability Company)
- University of Alabama and Sydney Melanoma Unit (databases)
- Ukrainian American Bar Association (Naples, FL)
- United Aussie Bulldog Association (Childers, Queensland, Australia)
- University of Arizona Black Alumni
- United Aircraft Building Corporation (Russia)
- Universidad Autónoma de Baja California (Mexico)
- Ukrainian-American Birth Defects Program
- Uterine Arterial Blood Flow
Samples in periodicals archive:
Overall, compared to their paid counterparts, free downloads were four times more likely to track location, and they were three times more likely to access user address books, the report said.
Path's move comes a few weeks after the company found itself in the middle of a major privacy row after a Singapore-based programmer published ablog postdescribing how Path's journaling application for iOS and Android-powered phones, used by over 2 million users, was secretly collecting user address book data.