The blending process, which mixes fuel with used motor oil that would otherwise be discarded, is simple and only occurs while a vehicle is being serviced.
What does UMO stand for?
UMO stands for Used Motor Oil
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UMO
We have 29 other meanings of UMO in our Acronym Attic
- Unidentified Micro-particle Object (anime)
- Unit Movement Office
- Unit Movement Officer
- Universal Message Object (MuleSource, Inc.)
- University of Maine at Orono (obsolete; now University of Maine, UM)
- University of Missouri
- University of Mount Olive (North Carolina)
- Unknown Mortal Orchestra (band)
- Unmodified Molecular Orbital
- Update.mozilla.org (website)
- Useless Management Overhead
- Union Monétaire Ouest Africaine (Monetary Union of West Africa)
- Ugly Man on Campus
- Unit Movement Officer Course
- United Methodists of Color (Chicago, IL)
- Utah Medicare Outreach Coalition (est. 2003)
- University of Michigan Online Directory
- Unreal Module (file name extension for Unreal Tournament game)
- Unit Movement Officer Deployment Planning Course (US Army)
- Union Mondiale des Organisations Féminines Catholiques (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The purpose of this study was to determine if used cooking oil and used motor oil blended together could be used an alternative fuel source.
org[greater than] A new Web site from the American Petroleum Institute (API) will help America's millions of do-it-yourself motor oil changers find convenient recycling locations for their used motor oil.
While some companies are attempting to purify collected motor oil and re-blend it for sale as a recycled lubricant the great bulk of used motor oil is recycled into a low-cost, low-grade fuel for cement kilns and utility boilers, or it is used as an ingredient in asphalt pavement.