Just one litre of used cooking oil can produce enough green electricity to power an energy saving light bulb for 225 hours, run a plasma TV for 50 hours or a DVD player for 440 hours.
What does UCO stand for?
UCO stands for Used Cooking Oil
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UCO
We have 44 other meanings of UCO in our Acronym Attic
- Under Cover Operation
- United Cooperatives of Ontario
- Universal Weather Landing Code
- Universidad de Córdoba (University of Cordoba, Spain)
- Université Catholique de l'Ouest
- University Centre Oldham (University of Huddersfield; UK)
- University Chamber Orchestra (various locations)
- University of Central Oklahoma
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) Conversion Option (cable; various companies)
- Use Classes Order
- Utility Compiler
- Unified Chart of Accounts
- United Clubs of Austin (Austin, TX)
- Uniting Church Overseas Aid (relief agency; Fiji and Papau New Guinea)
- University and College Ombuds Association (ombudsmen's association)
- University of California Observatories Advisory Committee
- Uniao Centro-Oeste Brasileira (Portuguese: Union Central-West Brazil; Seventh Day Adventist Church headquarters)
- Uganda Community Based Association for Child Welfare
- United Church of Christ (also seen as UCC)
- University Church of Christ (Montgomery, AL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CURRENT HIGH PRICES FOR USED COOKING OIL CAN ATTRACT OPPORTUNISTIC SCOFFLAWS.
The latest trend in alternative fuels was for companies to collect the used cooking oil to convert it into fuel, or as an additive to diesel fuel.
com)-- StayGreen Oil, LLC, a global provider of used lubricant and used cooking oil technology solutions announced today it has launched its StayGreen Oil Marketplace (www.
ISLAMABAD -- The use of used cooking oil and ghee for frying edibles is going on unchecked, putting people's health at risk in most of the markets of twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
Used cooking oil in China -- when collected from waste and refuse, it is known as " digou you" ,or literally "gutter oil" -- has created controversies in the past when sold illegally back to restaurants and companies to be used for human consumption.