One chemotherapy drug which requires enzymatic activation is fluorouracil (5-FU), which is converted into its active form within the cancer cell by the enzyme uridine phosphorylase.
What does UPh stand for?
UPh stands for Uridine Phosphorylase
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPh
We have 11 other meanings of UPh in our Acronym Attic
- Universitas Pelita Harapan (Indonesia university)
- University of Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
- University Pediatric Hospital
- University Physicians Healthcare (Tucson, AZ)
- University Physicians Hospital (Tucson, AZ)
- Unperfekthaus (Essen, Germany)
- Upper Penthouse (residence classification)
- Urban Population Health
- Urban Public Health
- User Profile Hive (Microsoft Windows)
- United Professional Horsemen's Association
- University Park Homeowners Association (Raleigh, NC)
- Utah Public Health Association (est. 1916; Salt Lake City, UT)
- Upstate Parrot Head Club (Jimmy Buffett fan club; Spartanburg, SC)
- Urban Primary Health Centre (India)
- Utah Paint Horse Club
- Upper Peninsula Health Care Network
- Second Urban Primary Health Care Project (Bangladesh)
- University of Perpetual Help DALTA System (Philippines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this paper, Lassmann and colleagues have evaluated the predictive value of five molecular markers associated with the metabolism of fluoropyrimidines [thymidylate synthase (TS), thymidine phosphorylase (TP), dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD), uridine phosphorylase (UP) and uridine-cytidine kinase (UK)] and three molecular markers associated with cell proliferation and anti-apoptosis (Bcl-2-related protein, survivin and cyclin-D1).