Three active principles are interlocked: ethyl ferulate, a natural antioxidant with UV absorbing properties, neutralizes dangerous oxygen radicals and reduces the dose of UV radiation which penetrates the skin; camosolic acid, which combats free radicals--one of the main causes of DNA and cell damage; and uridine monophosphate (UMP), a biochemical precursor to the synthesis of nucleotides, supports the repair of DNA in the cell.
What does URD stand for?
URD stands for Uridine
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of URD
We have 38 other meanings of URD in our Acronym Attic
- Union for Renewal and Democracy (Chad)
- Union pour le Renouveau Démocratique (French: Union for Democratic Renewal, Senegal)
- Unión Revolucionaria Democrática (Revolutionary Democratic Union; political party, Guatemala)
- Unit Reference Designator
- Unit Release Dose
- Unité de Recherche Démographique (French: Demographic Research Unit; Togo; est. 1975)
- Unrelated Donor (tissue transplantation)
- Upper Respiratory Disease
- Urawa Red Diamonds (football club; Japan)
- Urdu (language)
- Usenet Resource Downloader
- User Reported Deficiency
- User Requirements Definition (software)
- User Requirements Document
- User Root Directory
- You Are Drawing (online anime art school)
- University Research and Development Associates
- Universal Record Database
- User Requirements Database (US DoD)
- Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre
Samples in periodicals archive:
12), and uridine diphosphate galactose 4'-epimerase (EC 5.
The cocktail is composed of uridine, choline, and the omega-3 fatty acid DHA--all of which are normally present in breast milk--plus other ingredients (B vitamins, phosopholipids, and antioxidants).
Further, large-scale trials of Souvenaid, which contains omega-3 fatty acids, uridine and choline, nutrients found naturally in breast milk, are already under way.
The large variation in TG excretion and its strong association with a deletion polymorphism in the uridine diphospho-glucuronosyl transferase (UGT) 2B17 gene challenge the accuracy of the T/E ratio test.
Repligen Corporation (Waltham, MA) announced that it has exclusively licensed worldwide rights for the use of uridine in the treatment of patients with bipolar disorder from McLean Hospital.