Farhat, MD, FRCSC Introduction Options for the surgical management of ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction have evolved dramatically over the past 20 years in response to the growing development of new technologies.
What does UPJ stand for?
UPJ stands for Ureteropelvic Junction
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UPJ
We have 9 other meanings of UPJ in our Acronym Attic
- UFS (Universal Flash Storage) Protocol Information Unit
- United Paperworkers International Union
- United Press International - University Media Alliance
- Unité Police d'Identification des Victimes de Catastrophes (French: Disaster Victim Identification Police Unit)
- Union des Entreprises pour La Protection des Jardins (French: Union of Companies for the Protection of Gardens; France)
- Union Polynésienne pour La Jeunesse (French: Polynesian Union for Youth; French Polynesia)
- United for Peace and Justice
- Universal Pictures Japan (movie studio)
- University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (Pennsylvania)
- Unternehmen: Partner der Jugend (Germany)
- Usaha Pelayanan Jasa Alsintan (Indonesian agricultural business organization)
- Union Progressiver Juden in Belgien (German: Union of Progressive Jews in Belgium)
- Universal Pouch Jack Daniels (cell phone accessory)
- Union des Patrons et Professionnels Juifs de France (Union of French Jewish Employers and Professionals)
- Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam (Indian water utility)
- Uretero-Pelvic Junction Obstruction (urology)
- University of the Philippines Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants
- Univerzita Pavol Jozef Safarika
- University of Picardie Jules Verne (France)
- Underpinning Knowledge
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rupture of renal pelvis in an adult with congenital ureteropelvic junction obstruction after blunt abdominal trauma.
In patients with ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) concomitant to renal pelvis stone, a standardized laparoscopic Anderson-Hynes dismembered pyeloplasty was performed as previously described.
All patients presented with an ureteropelvic junction obstruction and dilatation of renal calyx system with an enlarged renal pelvis.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] DIAGNOSIS Ureteropelvic junction obstruction in the lower moiety of an incompletely duplicated collecting system secondary to an accessory precaval renal artery IMAGING FINDINGS This patient's repeated episodes of right flank pain suggested partial obstruction of the right renal collecting system.