The operative findings and treatment options were discussed with the patient and she elected to undergo a laparoscopic distal ureterectomy to remove the affected portion of her left distal ureter with immediate ureteroneocystostomy of the proximal portion.
What does UNC stand for?
UNC stands for Ureteroneocystostomy (urology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UNC
We have 102 other meanings of UNC in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Network Controller (computer processor platform)
- Universal Noiseless Coding
- Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (Spanish, Argentine University)
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue (Argentina)
- University of New Caledonia
- University of North Carolina
- University of Northern California
- University of Northern Colorado
- University of Nueva Caseres
- Unlawful Non-Citizen (Australia)
- University of North Carolina - Asheville
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Exchange Program
- University of North Carolina - Greensboro
- University of North Carolina - Pembroke
- United National Congress Alliance (Trinidad and Tobago)
- United Nations Correspondents Association
- Universidad Nacional de Caaguazu (Paraguayan university)
- University of North Carolina at Asheville
- UtiliCorp Networks Canada Alberta, Ltd. (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Endoscopic injection of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer to correct vesicoureteral reflux following failed ureteroneocystostomy.
Ureteral drainage is restored preferably by means of ureteroneocystostomy.
The right ureterocele was excised and Cohen type ureteroneocystostomy was performed.
Should persistent and recurrent urolithiasis become a chronic problem, another option for surgical management has been discussed with these patients, which would involve excision of the abnormal distal ureter and unilateral ureteroneocystostomy.