Some 75% of the homes are located in urbanized areas, with average occupation of 3.
What does UZA stand for?
UZA stands for UrbaniZed Area (Federal Highway Administration)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UZA
- Official Postal Card (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Uhrzuender (German: WW II Clockwork Fuze)
- Ultra Zoom (camera feature)
- Universitair Ziekenhuis (university hospital)
- University of Zimbabwe
- Uniwersytet Zielonogorski (University of Zielona Gora, Poland)
- Unsaturated Zone
- Universitair Ziekenhuis Antwerpen (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Unie van Zuid-Amerikaanse Naties (Dutch: Union of South American Nations)
- Uzbekistan Airways (ICAO code)
- Ultimate Zip Cracker (password retrieval; VDG Software)
- Unibertsitate Zerbitzuetarako Euskal Ikastetxea (Basque: Basque Center for Terminology and Lexicography; Spain)
- University of Zurich (Zurich, Switerland)
- Centre of Hydrometeorological Service at Cabinet of Minister's of Republic of Uzbekistan
- Unieke Zorgverlener Identificatie (Dutch: Caring Unique Identification)
- Unione Zoologica Italiana
- Universal Zealots, Inc. (gaming)
- Upheaval-Zombie Infestation (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Urbanized areas contain large portions of impervious surfaces such as roads, rooftops and parking lots that channel stormwater directly into local streams, rivers and other water bodies.
Cundiff said the town has to comply because of its urbanized areas with population densities greater than 100,000 people per square mile.
The resulting 12-category system continues to use the same standard geographic concepts found in the original eight locale codes, but now prioritizes an urban approach that combines both population size and distance from an urbanized area.
In urban areas, anywhere from thirty to forty percent of the rainfall runs right into whatever stream is in the area, and in heavily urbanized areas it can be more than fifty percent," he explains (by comparison, he says, the amount of runoff in subsaturated woodlands is often less than 5%).
The tree cover across the city varies widely; the urbanized area, within its beltway, has a 32 percent canopy, thanks to an initiative to retain woody wetlands, while the growing southeast portion recorded tree cover of just 10 percent.