Urban Search and Rescue Service (USAR), Dorset Police and Dorset Fire and Rescue Service are searching for the person, who eyewitnesses believe is a 23-year-old woman.
What does US&R stand for?
US&R stands for Urban Search and Rescue
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- United States Market Access Center (formerly International Business Incubator)
- Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act
- US Public Interest Group
- United States Special Army Cadets Program
- Undertaking Spam, Spyware, and Fraud Enforcement with Enforcers Beyond Borders Act of 2005
- Uniformed Service Voluntary Insurance Program
- United Stated Dollars
- United States & Possessions
- Union Switch and Signal Inc.
- US-Asia Environmental Partnership
- US Citizens Against Paternity Fraud
- United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team
- United States Commander-In-Chief, Europe (usually seen as USCINCEUR, without the dash)
- US Credit Indexed-Note Default Index
- Environmental Protection Agency of the USA
- United States - European Union Mutual Recognition Agreement
- User-Separated Hadamard-based Multi-User Detector
- United States-Japan Foundation (also seen as USJF; New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Merseyside we have excellent specialist provisions including vehicles, equipment, teams and individuals covering areas such as rope rescue, water rescue, Urban Search And Rescue (USAR) and heavy transport such as trains and large goods vehicles.
There are 43 international urban search and rescue teams in Haiti, and the United States is supporting six, he noted.
The 12-month-old hound is part of the Urban Search and Rescue Team (USAR) hosted by West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
ISLAMABAD, November 23, 2009 (Balochistan Times): Two highly sophisticated and well equipped Urban Search and Rescue Teams raised by National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) with the cooperation of Swedish, British and Swiss Agencies have completed its training phase.
Islamabad, November 23, 2009 (Frontier Star): Two highly sophisticated and well equipped Urban Search and Rescue Teams raised by National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) with the cooperation of Swedish, British and Swiss Agencies have completed its training phase.