The Urban Renewal Authority began planning procedures today for two redevelopment projects in the second round of a demand-led pilot scheme in Sham Shui Po.
What does URA stand for?
URA stands for Urban Renewal Authority (Hong Kong)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of URA
We have 97 other meanings of URA in our Acronym Attic
- Union of Rutgers Administrators
- Unité de Raccordement des Abonnés (French: Central Office)
- United Rodeo Association
- Universities Research Association, Inc.
- University Research Associates (Englewood Cliffs, NJ)
- Uranium Recycle Acid
- Urassociation (Amway)
- Urban Redevelopment Authority (Singapore)
- Urban Renaissance Agency (Japan)
- Urban Renewal Area
- Urine Receptacle Assembly (US NASA)
- User Range Accuracy
- User Requirement Analysis
- UTRAN Registration Area
- You Are A
- Utran Registration Area Paging Channel
- Uniform Recognition of Acknowledgments Act (Michigan)
- Uniform Relocation Assistance Act (Connecticut)
- United Russian-American Association
- University of Richmond Alumni Association (Richmond, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This requires three things: an urban renewal authority that has integrated powers at the ministerial level to manage land rationalization and infrastructure delivery; a law on historic preservation that legally designates certain structures as historic and preserves their exterior; and capital incentives in historic regeneration zones.
Two other Arkansas organizations received portions of the grants: Jonesboro Urban Renewal Authority Housing & Community Development Organization received $21,211, and the Universal Housing Development Corp.
The City of Clarksburg partnered with the Urban Renewal Authority in 2003 to create the Downtown Facade Improvement Grant Program to repair and revitalize the facades of many of the buildings in the city's central business district.
The Hong Kong Urban Renewal Authority project, URA Project K2, in Kowloon, incorporates some 510 square metres of the SR curtain walling system with WSL F120 glass, providing fire resistance for 120 minutes integrity and insulation, with unrivalled strength and wind-load performance characteristics.
Instead of condemnation by an urban renewal authority or disguised private land assembly, land readjustment allows a supermajority of neighborhood landowners to require a pooling of land for redevelopment.
Tung also announced the establishment of an urban renewal authority in Hong Kong next year to quicken the pace of redeveloping old urban areas and other initiatives to reduce air, water and waste pollution, such as comprehensive control of diesel vehicles.