Other areas covered include leadership, urban political machines and reform, and suburban politics.
What does UPM stand for?
UPM stands for Urban Political Machine
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPM
We have 90 other meanings of UPM in our Acronym Attic
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- University of Petroleum and Minerals (Saudi Arabia)
- University of the Philippines - Manila
- University of the Philippines - Mindanao
- University of the Philippines Mountaineers
- University Press of Mississippi (est. 1970)
- Unlawful Possession of Marijuana
- Up Memory
- Upper Peninsula of Michigan
- Urban Pollution Management
- User Profile Management
- Utah Provo Mission
- Uganda Private Midwives Association (now Uganda Private Midwives Organisation)
- Ukrainian Project Management Association
- Undesirable Plant Management Act (est. 1990; weed control; Colorado)
- Unified Power Management Architecture (wireless sensor networks)
- Unit Penjaminan Mutu Akademik (Indonesian: Academic Quality Assurance Unit)
- Unión de Pueblo Maya de Guatemala (Union of Mayan, Guatemala; local group)
- United People Movement Against Road Tolls
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Ultimately, Los Angeles stands out from most American cities for at least two reasons: first, it is a sprawling, decentralized entity with no physical core; and second, no serious urban political machine emerged, in part due to the introduction of ballot initiatives that undercut party organization and discipline.
It was the corruption of the urban political machines, lousy public schools, insane municipal bureaucracies.