States are required to include urban local bodies and rural local bodies in the ambit of the Lokayukta.
What does ULB stand for?
ULB stands for Urban Local Bodies (India)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ULB
We have 25 other meanings of ULB in our Acronym Attic
- University of London Animal Welfare Society (UK)
- Ula-La-Beauty (British online store; UK)
- Un-Lighted Buoy
- Und Landesbibliothek Bonn (German university)
- Underwater Locator Beacon
- Unified Legislative and Budget
- Union Lausannoise de Badminton
- United League Baseball ( 2006-2010)
- Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek
- Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Urban Local Body (India)
- Utah Licensed Beverage Association
- Ultra Large Bulk Carrier
- Union Lake Baptist Church (Commerce Twp, MI)
- United Latino Business Coalition (Glendale, AZ)
- Universal Local Bus Controller
- University of London Boat Club (UK)
- Urban League of Battle Creek (Battle Creek, MI)
- Unabsorbed Loss Before Depreciation (accounting/finance)
- Uplink Beamformer
Samples in periodicals archive:
For now, the Congress seems to be the favoured party because of its performance in the recent elections to the urban local bodies.
Institutions, Expert Committee Members, External Funding Agencies,Senior Engineers of various State Governments / Departments & Urban Local Bodies and Technology Providers.
Meanwhile, e-governance is expected to bring transparency and accountability in urban local bodies.
Characteristics and trends showcase aspects such as increasing urbanization, large cities contributing to waste, initiatives taken at corporate level, Urban local bodies (ULBs) approaching Capital Markets , increasing Interest in waste-to-energy projects and Private Equity Investments.
The opposition Congress in Karnataka has dominated the tally till now in the March 7 elections to urban local bodies in the state, for which counting was taken up today.
The ads also made mention of upcoming thermal power plants, enhancement of women's representation in rural and urban local bodies, and huge investments in the industrial sector.
The central government directed urban local bodies to accelerate the work on infrastructure projects under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) launched in 2005.