The Urban Light Transport system was first mooted in 2002 as a hi-tech driverless pod system connecting the city centre and Bay.
What does ULTra stand for?
ULTra stands for Urban Light Transport
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ULTra
We have 13 other meanings of ULTra in our Acronym Attic
- Ultra Low Temperature Installation
- Ultra Low Temperature Isotropic Carbon
- Ultrasound Imaging with an Intelligent 2D Array
- Uniform Lossless Transmission Line
- Unit Logistics Training Program (video game)
- [not an acronym] WWII codeword for deciphered high-level enemy communications
- Ultra Low-dose Transdermal Estrogen Replacement Assessment
- Underground Legion of Terroristic Research Activists (hacker group)
- Unit Level Training Readiness Assessment (US DoD)
- Utah League of Tandem Riding Addicts
- Urban Light Transport-Personal Rapid Transit (Institute for Mechatronic Systems; Switzerland)
- Beyond (Prefix)
- Ultrasound Structured Attribute Reporting
- Ultimate Abilities (gaming)
- UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) Location Test System
- Universal Lifeline Telephone Service
- Upper Limb Tension Test
- Urinary Lactose Tolerance Test with Ethanol
- Universal Line Termination Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Advanced Transport System's Urban Light Transport (ULTra) is an example of a project that has developed driverless vehicles which run along dedicated tracks.
Chris Cook, a director of Advance Transport Systems, the team behind Ultra, which stands for urban light transport, said trials undertaken so far had gone better than expected.
But the flagship Urban Light Transport (ULTra) taxi network has actually made its debut 130 miles away - after being adopted as the transport link of choice in one of the world's busiest airports.
The futuristic Urban Light Transport (ULTra) network was first proposed back in 2002 - but has only been running in testing ever since.
The criticism of Welsh government financial backing for the ULTra - Urban Light Transport - has been raised by South Wales Central AM Owen John Thomas, who has tabled a series of written questions querying the pounds 3.
This Urban Light Transport system (ULTra) coming to Cardiff.
And moves are already under way to extend the proposed ULTra - Urban Light Transport - system to the city centre at the same time as the first track is built in Cardiff Bay.