Hearing a PIL filed by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Madhav Bhandari that alleged that bogus orders were passed under Urban Land Ceiling and Regulation Act (ULCA) to avoid surrendering excess land to the state, the court ordered the formation of a Special Investigating Team (SIT) of the CBI to look into the matter.
What does ULCRA stand for?
ULCRA stands for Urban Land Ceiling and Regulation Act (1976)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Union List of Canadian Newspapers (library listing)
- United Labour Congress of Nigeria
- University Leiden Community Network (Netherlands)
- Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale (French: University of the Littoral Opal Coast; Dunkerque, France)
- Ultra Low CO2 Steelmaking
- Unimproved Land Contract of Sale (real estate)
- United Linux Certified Professional (computing)
- University of London Computer Center (UK)
- Ultra-Low-Cost Personal Computer
- uterine leiomyoma cluster region of chromosome 12 breakpoints
- Ultra Large Container Ship
- Ultralight Control Systems (underwater photography equipment; est. 1993)
- Unit Level Circuit Switch
- Unit-Level Command Simulation
- University London Careers Service
- University of Leicester Computing Society (UK)
- Upton Lake Christian School (Clinton Corners, NY)
- Utility Lines Construction Services, Inc.
- Unit Labour Costs in the Total Economy (Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development)
- Upper Layer Conformance Testing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the Urban Land Ceiling and Regulation Act, the land banks of India were only in the hands of a few, select builders.