The planning department previously refused planning permission on this field, and to quote their reason for refusal, 'the field is a significant and irreplaceable area of urban green space, and to build on this land would have a serious and detrimental effect to the character and amenity of the area', but now it seems, that it does not matter about any of these things.
What does UGS stand for?
UGS stands for Urban Green Space (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UGS
We have 58 other meanings of UGS in our Acronym Attic
- Uncorrelated Gaussian Sources
- Undergraduate Student
- Underground Gas Storage
- Unigraphics Solutions (Siemans)
- Union Guilde des Scénaristes (French: Union Screenwriters Guild)
- United Gaming Syndicate (gaming league)
- United Global Services Corp
- United Global Supply (division of USM Corporation)
- United States to Mediterranean, Slow (US Navy)
- Unsolicited Grant Service (DOCSIS 1.1)
- Utah Geological Survey
- Unsolicited Grant Service with Activity Detection (DOCSIS 1.1)
- Undergraduate Geography Student Association
- Undergraduate Scientist Association (Berkeley)
- Undergraduate Student Assembly
- Undergraduate Student Association
- Undergraduate Students Association
- Unified Graduate Student Association
- Uniform Grain Storage Agreement
- United Girls Softball Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dubai: Dubai Municipality has won the Arab Towns Organisation Award, which honours and supports best urban green space projects.
There is precious little urban green space in Sefton Central.
The 20 papers in this collection cover diversity in theoretical and methodological approaches, in urban landscapes and perceptual approaches, in urban green spaces and well-being, in lifestyles and urban sustainability, and in social groups and inclusive urban environments.
According to the provisioned programs for 2007-2010, 2,000 hectares of urban green spaces will be established, if the necessary credit is provided, and the urban green space per capita would hit 9.
As cities continue to grow, urban green spaces are becoming important refuges for native biodiversity and for people.
Byline: CLARE CUSKIN been turned into a mini park offering urban green space to office workers and locals.