New York City granted a lease for a community garden and the USDA started the Urban Gardening Program to help low-income families in major cities become food secure (Goodman).
What does UGP stand for?
UGP stands for Urban Gardening Program (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UGP
We have 30 other meanings of UGP in our Acronym Attic
- United Guilds of Windrunner (online gaming)
- Uganda Old-Women Welfare Foundation (est. 2000)
- Ulster Grand Prix (UK)
- Undergraduate Program
- Underground Printing
- Underground Products
- Unique Garden Products (Australia)
- Unitary Guerilla Platoon (gaming group)
- Unité de Gestion du Projet (French: Project Management Unit)
- United General Party (Fiji)
- User Generated Product
- Undergraduate Grade Point Average
- Uniform Grocery Product Code Council
- Ultrasound Guided Percutaneous Catheter Drainage (medical treatment)
- Cochrane Upper Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic Diseases Group (McMaster University; Hamilton, Ontario, Canada)
- University Governance Professional Development (University of Canberra; Australia)
- Universal Grocery Products Identification Code (Logicon Inc.)
- Universal General Public License
- U Got Private Message
- USIGS Geospatial Production Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's precisely this kind of can-do spirit that has made Seattle's P-Patch Program the nation's largest municipally-run urban gardening program, and a model for communities everywhere.
In that same year, the urban gardening program established 266 community gardens and 540 backyard gardens, which produced more than 50 varieties of vegetables, small fruits and food crops worth $750,000.