Fairfax County, as part of the greater capital region, receives urban areas security initiatives grants, which are for the high-risk cities.
What does UASI stand for?
UASI stands for Urban Areas Security Initiative (US Department of Homeland Security Office for Domestic Preparedness)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UASI
We have 3 other meanings of UASI in our Acronym Attic
- Utah Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- UnAvailable Second, Far End
- Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions
- Undergraduate Academic Standards and Honors Committee (Caltech)
- United Air Specialists, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)
- United American Sales, Inc. (est. 1972; Wilmington, OH)
- United Audit Systems, Inc. (Cincinnati, OH)
- Unmanned Aerial System Innovations
- Upper-Air System Intercomparisons (World Meteorology Organization)
- Urban Area Security Initiative
- University of Arkansas Stable Isotope Laboratory
- Unified Access Service License (India; aka Universal Access Service License)
- User Agent SubLayer
- Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí (México)
- Underactve Superior Obliques (ophthalmology)
- University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Underactive Superior Obliques, Both Eyes
- Unavailable Seconds - Path (Telabs)
- Unified Access Service Provider (India)
- Unión de Acción Sindical y Popular (Union of Labor and Popular Action, Guatemala)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reflecting the requirements of the Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007, DHS assessed risk for the Census Bureau's 100 largest MSAs by population in determining its 2008 Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) grant allocations.