In addition, the letters appear to have added further inconsistencies concerning the preparation of the uranyl nitrate and subsequent irradiation activities.
What does UN stand for?
UN stands for Uranyl Nitrate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UN
We have 3 other meanings of UN in our Acronym Attic
- University of Montana Zoological Museum
- Ulnar Nerve (anatomy)
- Un-Reachable Node
- Uncola (7Up)
- Unidad Nacional (National Unity, Peru)
- United Nations
- University of Nebraska (Lincoln, NE)
- Unreachable (customer care)
- Uranium Nitride
- User Name
- User Network
- United Nations Department for Development Support & Management Services
- United Nations Disaster Management Team
- United Nations Emergencies Unit for Ethiopia
- United Nations Global Alliance for ICT and Development
- United Nations Interagency Gender and Water Task Force
- [not an acronym] United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- United Nations Program of Action for African Economic Recovery and Development
- United Nations Platform for Space-Based Information for Disaster Management and Emergency Response (est. 2007)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nelson had been working with cesium uranyl nitrate and colleagues at Bell Labs tried rare earth ions in calcium fluoride crystals to try to make a laser, with no luck.
Uranyl nitrate behaved as a competitive inhibitor of ND-497.
The researchers then turned to a long-forgotten, pure supply of a uranium compound known as uranyl nitrate that had been stored undisturbed and protected from contamination for 33 years at the University of Chicago.
Syria told the agency earlier this month that the traces at the Damascus site could have come from domestically-produced uranium concentrate known as "yellow cake," or from imports of commercial uranyl nitrate which it had not declared to the IAEA, according to Monday's report.
Whish and her colleagues treated ovariectomized mice with uranyl nitrate in drinking water.