Two telecommunictaions satellites were lost on August 7 due to a failure in the Russian Proton-M rocket's upper stage.
What does US stand for?
US stands for Upper Stage
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of US
We have 177 other meanings of US in our Acronym Attic
- Universiteit van Stellenbosch (University of Stellenbosch)
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of Sussex (UK)
- University of Sydney (Sydney, Australia)
- University School (Ohio)
- Uniwersytet Szczecinski (Polish: University of Szczecin)
- Up Stage
- Upper School
- US Airways
- User Segment
- Usher Syndrome
- Usual Stuff (polite form)
- Ut Supra (Latin: As Above)
- Utilisateurs Simultanés (Informatique)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- United States Market Access Center (formerly International Business Incubator)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taming Liquid Hydrogen: The Centaur Upper Stage Rocket, 1958-2002.
Inertial Upper Stage Flight Controller Telemetry Simulation System) to support launch rehearsal and government training; training in support of this contract; and deployment support.
Titan IVB Dimensions: Inertial upper stage length 17 ft.
Stuck without an adequate replacement booster, NASA redesigned the mission to fire Galileo using a conventionally fueled but less powerful rocket called the Inertial Upper Stage.