They guard the throat and protect against upper respiratory tract infections.
What does URT stand for?
URT stands for Upper Respiratory Tract
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of URT
We have 30 other meanings of URT in our Acronym Attic
- Uncertainty Reduction Theory (communicative behavior theory)
- Undergraduate Remote-Pilot Training (Air Force Unmanned Aerial Systems)
- Underwater Recovery Team
- Unified Rear Triangle (mountain bike suspension)
- Uniform Rate of Tax
- Unit Recruit Training
- Universal Remote Terminal
- Universal Running Tool (subsea drilling)
- Unreadable ID Tag
- Unreal Tournament (gaming)
- Upset Recovery Training (aviation course)
- Uranium de Retraitement (French: Uranium Reprocessing)
- Urban Rail Transit
- Urban Terror (computer game)
- User Registration Tool
- User Requirements Table
- User Revalidation Tool (IBM Corp.)
- Union of Road Transport Associations
- University/Resident Theatre Association (New York, NY)
- Utah Rural Telecom Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, June 20 (ANI): A new research has suggested that oral bacteria can offer probiotic potential against upper respiratory tract infections.
For upper respiratory tract infections, internists and emergency physicians favored macrolides, in about 40% and 51% of prescriptions, respectively.
Particles of [greater than or equal to] 6-[micro]m diameter are trapped increasingly in the upper respiratory tract (12); no substantial deposition in the lower respiratory tract occurs at [greater than or equal to] 20 [micro]m (11,12).
Both Haemophilus influenzae and Streptococcus pneumoniae can establish residence in the upper respiratory tract either separately or together.