Symptoms of an upper respiratory infection and a seasonal flu include, a stuffy nose, throat and face pain, loss of appetite, tiredness, headache, high temperature, and shivering with a cold sensation.
What does URI stand for?
URI stands for Upper Respiratory Infection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of URI
We have 66 other meanings of URI in our Acronym Attic
- Uniform Resource Indicator
- United Religions Initiative
- United Rentals (various locations)
- Universal Resource Identifier (web; less common)
- Universal Resource Indicator
- Universidade Regional Integrada (Portuguese: Integrated Regional University; Brazil)
- University of Rhode Island
- University Reactor Instrumentation
- University Research Initiative
- Unsatisfactory Rotational Index
- User Premises Equipment Regulatory Issues
- User Resource Identifier
- Undergraduate Research Institute in Astrophysics
- Unrestricted Investment Account
- University of Rhode Island Alumni Association
- Urban Regeneration in Britain (urban renewal; UK)
- University Research Instrumentation Center (University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ)
- University of Rhode Island Change Assessment Scale
- Upland Rice Research Intercenter Coordinating Committee
- Unit of Recovery Identifier
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a study of nearly 19,000 people in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, the risk of an upper respiratory infection was 36 percent higher in those with low vitamin D levels (less than 10 ng/mL) than in those with normal levels (at least 30 ng/mL).
Adolescents and young adults who receive antibiotics for acne are more than twice as likely during the year following treatment to develop an upper respiratory infection serious enough to warrant a visit to the doctor, according to a new analysis of health statistics.
Upper respiratory infection symptoms in the week following flights were compared in 1,100 passengers: 47% flew on jets that used 100% fresh air for ventilation, and 53% flew on jets that used up to 50% recirculated air.
But, the research team concluded that Echinacea might be beneficial for the early treatment of upper respiratory infections.
Abu Dhabi: The number of patients complaining from bronchitis and upper respiratory infections (URI) as a result of changing weather conditions has risen to over 40 per cent in the past two months, doctors say.