She was given a clinical diagnosis of breast cancer based on the presence of a fungating tumour in the upper outer quadrant of the right breast.
What does UOQ stand for?
UOQ stands for Upper Outer Quadrant (breast cancer)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UOQ
We have 1 other meaning of UOQ in our Acronym Attic
- Unaccompanied Officer Personnel Housing
- United Oromo People Liberation Front
- University Outreach and Public Service (University of Illinois)
- Utah Olympic Public Safety Command
- United Office and Professional Workers of America (early union)
- University of Phoenix
- Unaccompanied Officer's Quarters
- Uniform Order Quantity
- Universal Operational Qualification (Perkin Elmer)
- University of Queensland (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ultrasound noted 2 malignant-looking lesions and a further benign-looking lesion in the upper outer quadrant of her right breast.
Clinical examination revealed a unilateral 10x8 cm mass in the upper outer quadrant of the breast, with no lymph node involvement.
Most of the tumors were located in the lower outer quadrant of the breast, and about one-third were in the upper outer quadrant, the investigator noted at the meeting.
Nurse Grim recorded on the patient's chart that she injected the patient in the "left upper outer quadrant buttock.
The upper outer quadrant of the buttocks is generally the safest location to inject.