Mississippi drench Record-breaking rainfall drenched the upper Mississippi basin in the USA in the summer of 1986 causing widespread devastation.
What does UMB stand for?
UMB stands for Upper Mississippi Basin
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UMB
We have 45 other meanings of UMB in our Acronym Attic
- Umbrian (linguistics)
- Union Mondiale de Billard (World Billiards Union)
- United Missouri Bank
- Université Marc Bloch (French: Marc Bloch University; Strasbourg, France)
- Universitetet for Miljø- og Biovitenskap (Norwegian University of Live Sciences)
- University of Maryland, Baltimore
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- Univerzity Mateja Bela (Slovak: Matej Bel University)
- Upfront Mortgage Broker
- Upper Memory Block
- Union of Manufacturers and Businessmen of Armenia (Yerevan, Armenia)
- University of Massachusetts Building Authority
- Upfront Mortgage Brokers Association (Tempe, Arizona)
- Upper Midwest Booksellers Association (Regional Association of Independent Booksellers)
- Utah Minority Bar Association
- Utah Mortgage Bankers Association (now Utah Mortgage Lenders Association)
- US Mexico Border AETC (Aids Education and Training Center) Steering Team
- Unmodulated Broadband
- United Malayan Banking Corporation (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- United Middle Belt Congress (Nigerian political party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1993, despite the investment of billions of Federal dollars in flood control works and untold more money in non-Federal levees, the Upper Mississippi Basin floodplains experienced a magnitude and duration of flooding not seen for decades.
The Corps of Engineers' role was limited and mostly associated with navigation improvements in the Upper Mississippi Basin until Congress authorized the 1936 Flood Control Act.