Several recent studies, including the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey III, suggest a much lower upper limit of normal once individuals with positive antithyroid antibodies or a family history of thyroid disease have been excluded.
What does ULT stand for?
ULT stands for Upper Limit of Normal
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ULT
We have 20 other meanings of ULT in our Acronym Attic
- Ultra Tracker (file format)
- Ultra-Large Telescope
- Ultra-Low Temperature
- Underwater Location Transmitter
- Unit Level Traceability (Intel)
- Unit Level Training (US Navy)
- Universal Lighting Technologies (Nashville, TN)
- Université Libre de Tunis (French: University of Tunis; Tunisia; est. 1973)
- University Learning and Teaching (various locations)
- Unlimited Tax
- Utility Litigation Team (USAF)
- Union Labor Temple Association
- Union Leaders Training Award
- Utah Land Title Association
- Under-Load Tap Changers
- University Learning and Teaching Committee (various universities)
- Unified Long-Term Care Budget (Ohio)
- United Long-Term Care Workers
- Unit Level Tactical Data Switch
Samples in periodicals archive:
5-fold above the upper limit of normal for at least four months prior to start of the study.
ALT elevations at least 3 times the upper limit of normal were observed in 14% of patients on mipomersen, versus none receiving placebo, but this occurred without concomitant significant bilirubin elevations, he said.
Further analysis of this study suggested that maximum benefit accrued to patients whose LDH did not exceed 80% of the upper limit of normal for LDH.
3]/[micro]L), together with a moderate increase in liver enzymes (both aspartate aminotransferase and alanine aminotransferase were more than twice the upper limit of normal values).
5 times the upper limit of normal, or liver-function test findings greater than two times the upper limit of normal (Ann.