Upper gastrointestinal series showed the presence of an intraluminal duodenal diverticulum of about 8 cm in length and a partially occluded duodenal lumen (figure 1).
What does UGIS stand for?
UGIS stands for Upper Gastrointestinal Series
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UGIS
We have 5 other meanings of UGIS in our Acronym Attic
- Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement Project (Bangladesh)
- University/Government/Industry Microelectronics (conference)
- Upper Gastrointestinal Malignancy (gastroenterology)
- Ula Gyda Interconnector Pipeline
- Uniform Group Insurance Program (retirement; Texas)
- Uniunea Generala a Industriasilor din Romania (Romania)
- Ugliest Girl in School
- Undergraduate and Interdisciplinary Studies (university department)
- UniCredit Global Information Services (UniCredit Group)
- Unione Giornalisti Italiani Scientifici (Italian: Italian Scientific Journalists Union; est. 1966)
- User Group Italiano SQL Server (Italy)
- Unia Gospodarcza I Walutowa (Polish: Economic and Monetary Union)
- Ultimate Game Jersey (sports memorabilia)
- Under-Gravel Jets (aquarium)
- Use Good Judgement
- Underground Kingz (band)
- Up-Grade Kit
- Ukrainische Griechisch Katholische Kirche (German: Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church)
- Urzad Gminy Kamienica Polska (The Offices of Cities, Counties and Municipalities; Poland)
- Unattainable Goal List
Samples in periodicals archive:
The approach places emphasis on the role of the upper gastrointestinal series, endoscopy, endoscopic ultrasound, multidetector computed tomography, MRI, and positron emission tomography/CT in the diagnosis, staging, and follow-up of patients, as well as the strengths and limitations of this imaging and the most recent epidemiologic, pathologic, and therapeutic concepts.
I had to attend support groups, have a physical therapy and dietetic evaluation, complete an evaluation by a specialized psychologist, and undergo a gallbladder ultrasound and an upper gastrointestinal series.