Lau's group has previously reported that omeprazole treatment of patients who underwent endoscopic treatment for an upper gastrointestinal bleed significantly decreased the rate of rebleeding within 30 days, from a rate of 22% in a placebo group to 7% in a treated group (N.
What does UGIB stand for?
UGIB stands for Upper Gastrointestinal Bleed(ing)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UGIB
We have 2 other meanings of UGIB in our Acronym Attic
- United-Guardian Inc.
- Universal Gymnasts Inc
- Unocal Geothermal Indonesia
- Upper Gastrointestinal
- User's Guide Interactive
- Usual Gang of Idiots (gaming forum)
- You Got It
- University of Guyana International Affairs Association
- Union Générale des Infirmieres de Belgique (French: General Union of Belgian Nurses)
- United Gulf Insurance Brokers (est. 2005; Bahrain)
- United Gulf Industries Corporation (Manama, Bahrain)
- Universal General Insurance Company (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Utah Geographic Information Council
- Utkalmani Gopabandhu Institute of Engineering
- Uganda Importers, Exporters, and Traders Association (Kampala, Uganda)
- United Growth Income Fund
- Upper gastrointestinal tract hemorrhage
- Undiscovered Gas Initially in Place (oil industry)
- Urban Governance and Infrastructure Improvement Project (Bangladesh)
- University/Government/Industry Microelectronics (conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PHILADELPHIA -- Patients with end-stage renal disease have a sharply increased risk of an upper gastrointestinal bleed, based on national U.