There were no sightings or reliable accounts of damage as the six-tonne Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) fell from the sky.
What does UARS stand for?
UARS stands for Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UARS
We have 2 other meanings of UARS in our Acronym Attic
- Upper Atmosphere Research Program
- Urban Alliance on Race Relations (Canada)
- User Assistance Requests Record
- Upper Atmosphere Rocket Research Panel
- Universal Aerial Refueling Receptacle Slipway Installation
- Unit Automated Reservation System (software; US DoD)
- United Adventist Recreational Sports (est. 2006)
- Unmanned Air Reconnaissance System
- Upper Airway Reflex Sensitivity
- Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
- Universal Aerial Slipway Installation (ensures varied receivers can receive fuel from boom-equipped tankers)
- Universal Adjustment and Realigning Tool (slang for hammer)
- Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter
- Undifferentiated Acute Respiratory Tract Infection with Cough
- Unmanned Air Reconnaissance & Targeting System
- Unmanned Air Reconnaissance Vehicle
- Ujian Akhir Semester (Indonesian: Semester Final Exams)
- Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome
- Unaccompanied Asylum Seeker (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The news comes just a month after the world nervously waited for NASA's Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) to reenter the atmosphere in an unknown location.
Nasa's 20-year-old Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite travelling at 18,000mph was due to ditch in the Pacific at around midnight.
NASA's Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, or UARS, ended its productive scientific life almost six years ago.
The Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, or UARS, was turned off in 2005, becoming another piece of space junk loitering in Earth orbit.
The water vapor readings come from spectrometers located in California and New Zealand and from a sensor on board the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite.
The company's staff has already performed analysis of data on the polar ozone hole from the Arctic Airborne Ozone Experiment (AAOE) and developed stratospheric climatologies to support the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) program.
Rotary positioning for high places General Electric's Astro Space Div has applied a rotary-positioning table engineered by Eimeldingen Corp as part of NASA's Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) program.