upper airway resistance syndrome [UARS]) are more likely than men to complain of depression and be prescribed selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants.
What does UARS stand for?
UARS stands for Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UARS
We have 2 other meanings of UARS in our Acronym Attic
- Upper American River Project
- Upper Atmosphere Research Program
- Urban Alliance on Race Relations (Canada)
- User Assistance Requests Record
- Upper Atmosphere Rocket Research Panel
- Universal Aerial Refueling Receptacle Slipway Installation
- Unit Automated Reservation System (software; US DoD)
- United Adventist Recreational Sports (est. 2006)
- Unmanned Air Reconnaissance System
- Upper Airway Reflex Sensitivity
- Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite
- Universal Aerial Slipway Installation (ensures varied receivers can receive fuel from boom-equipped tankers)
- Universal Adjustment and Realigning Tool (slang for hammer)
- Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter
- Undifferentiated Acute Respiratory Tract Infection with Cough
- Unmanned Air Reconnaissance & Targeting System
- Unmanned Air Reconnaissance Vehicle
- Ujian Akhir Semester (Indonesian: Semester Final Exams)
- Ukrainian Academy of Sciences
- Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mum Diane was suffering from upper airway resistance syndrome - a sleeping disorder that meant she would constantly catch her breath causing her to momentarily wake.
Patients with upper airway resistance syndrome (UARS), an entity characterized by flow-limited breathing that results in the disruption of sleep, typically have Pcrit levels between snoring and hypopnoea (10).
After sleep experts gave an intensive course in sleep disorders to the clinic's doctors, diagnosis of sleep disorders increased markedly -- about 80 percent of which were either sleep apnea or upper airway resistance syndrome.
Their stimulation in obstructive sleep apnea syndrome or upper airway resistance syndrome may be a cause of cardiovascular complications.
Upper airway resistance syndrome (UARS) is characterized by an increase in the amount of work that is required to breathe during sleep in order to overcome the elevated airway resistance.