Washington, Nov 26 (ANI): Hypoglossal nerve stimulation system (HGNS) can provide significant relief from upper airway obstruction during sleep to patients suffering from obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) by increasing the airflow, a new study has revealed.
What does UAO stand for?
UAO stands for Upper Airway Obstruction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UAO
We have 20 other meanings of UAO in our Acronym Attic
- Unidentified Audible Object
- Unilateral Administrative Order
- Unit Aviation Officer
- United Arts Organization
- United As One
- Universidad Autónoma de Occidente (Cali, Colombia university)
- Universitat Abat Oliba (Spanish university)
- Unlike Any Other
- Unqualified Audit Opinion (finance)
- Upper Air Observatory
- Upper-Air Observation
- Uppsala Astronomical Observatory (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Urgent Attention Of
- Urumqi Astronomical Observatory
- Utility Agency Owner
- United Animal Owners Alliance
- Utah Advising and Orientation Association
- Upper Air Observation (US DoD)
- Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church
- United Ancient Order of Druids
Samples in periodicals archive:
Failure to, in a timely fashion, detect a tracheotomy tube displacement into the subcutaneous tissues of a patient who has a tracheotomy inserted as a protective measure in anticipation of a future upper airway obstruction and intervene may result in increased patient morbidity and mortality.
This hindered the ability of the thorax to pull on the lungs, He noted that the dogs' UAR increased to the point that upper airway obstruction occurred, When he reestablished patency of the upper airway, the dogs did not make respiratory movements.
Dr Vujanic said the most likely reason was accidental upper airway obstruction.
Although the circumstances of Katya's death very strongly indicate the cause was accidental upper airway obstruction, it is not possible to provide an exact cause of death from the post-mortem," he said.
Other topics include history and questionnaires, upper airway obstruction in snoring and upper airway resistance syndrome, surgical treatment, children, and the elderly.