During the Euro 2012 final earlier this month, Twitter users fired off more than 15,000 updates per second.
What does UPS stand for?
UPS stands for Updates Per Second (stock market data)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UPS
We have 209 other meanings of UPS in our Acronym Attic
- Universite Paris-Sud (French: South Paris University; Paris, France)
- Université Paul Sabatier (Tolouse, France)
- University of Puget Sound
- University Payroll Services (various schools)
- University Policy Statement
- University Preparation School (California)
- University Property Services (UK)
- Unix Print Services
- Unpredictable Processing System
- Unusual Pile of Sticks (geocaching)
- Urban Planning Service (Australia)
- Urgent Power Supply
- Useful Public Service (various locations)
- User Planning System
- Utility Pricing Solutions (software: Hewlett-Packard)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply Volt-Amp
- Unclassified Professional Staff Association
- Undergraduate Political Science Association
- Undergraduate Psychology Students' Association
- Union Professionnelle Suisse de l'Automobile
Samples in periodicals archive:
With true 200 updates per second speed, and a selectable resolution of to 40,000 expanded displayed graduation, controller can be used in a wide variety of batching and weight control applications.