Look north and you'll see that on Shetland they have January sorted as a result of the magnificent Up Helly Aa Viking festival.
What does UHA stand for?
UHA stands for Up Helly Aa (Shetland fire festival; UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UHA
We have 31 other meanings of UHA in our Acronym Attic
- UH-60 (Helicopter) Flight Simulator
- University of Hawaii 88-inch telescope
- Uganda Honey Bee-Keepers Association
- Ultra-High Altitude
- Ultra-High Availability
- Under House Arrest
- United Hackers Organization
- United Homeowners Association
- Université de Haute Alsace (French: University of Haute Alsace; France)
- University of Hartford (West Hartford, Connecticut)
- Universitets- och Högskoleämbetet
- University Heights Art Association
- University of Hawaii Alumni Association (Honolulu, HI)
- Urban Homesteading Assistance Board (New York)
- Union Hearing Aid Centre (est. 1922; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- United Hellenic American Congress
- University of Hawaii Athletics Department
- Utah Hispanic American Festival (Salt Lake City, UT)
- University Hill Action Group (Boulder, CO)
- Amerco (NASDAQ symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A REPLICA Viking longship goes up in flames to mark the end of Shetland's annual Up Helly Aa festival.
SCOTLAND A member of the Jarl Squad dressed in Viking costume in Lerwick on the Shetland Isles during the Up Helly Aa Viking festival NIGERIA Supporters of Maj.
Shetland MSP Tavish Scott joined with other members of 2007 Lerwick Up Helly Aa Jarl squad to deliver the letter in Edinburgh.
This year's Up Helly Aa in the capital Lerwick is on Tuesday, January 31 - there are another eight fire festivals in various districts of Shetland during the late winter.
THE annual Up Helly Aa festival has reached its climax with the burning of a Viking galley on Shetland.
A thousand Viking guizers assemble at Hillhead in the Shetlands to throw burning torches into a longship, ending the Up Helly Aa Viking festivalLeft, Victorious driver Jean-Michel Bazire of France crossing the finish line on Kesaco Phedo in the 83th Prix d'Amerique trotting race in Vincennes, outside Paris; top, A dragon's head during the celebrations for the Chinese New Year in London's Trafalgar SquareTop, A man walks through heavy snow in Lerwick as blizzard storms hit the island; top right, a Russian Orthodox believer gets out of the icy water of a lake near Valdai-Iverskiy Monastery in Valdai, Novgorod region, some 250 miles northeast of Moscow.
Fogle, who spent a year on the Hebridean island of Taransay for the BBC series, said on Twitter: "Doesn't look like the Vikings want me back for the Up Helly Aa celebrations.