That applied only to rural higher-risk, larger-diameter onshore pipelines that are located in or within a half mile of an unusually sensitive area (USA) and operate at stress levels greater than 20% of specified minimum yield strength.
What does USA stand for?
USA stands for Unusually Sensitive Area (environmental)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of USA
We have 578 other meanings of USA in our Acronym Attic
- United Support of Artists (est. 1985)
- United Synagogue of America
- Universal Secure Access (Universal Secure Access Card Identifier)
- Universal Service Agency (South Africa)
- Universal Surety of America (Dallas, TX)
- Universities Safety Association
- University of South Alabama
- University of South Australia
- Unix System Admin
- Unstable Angina
- Upsilon Sigma Alpha (honor society)
- Urban Service Area
- US Airways, Inc. (ICAO code)
- USA Network (cable network channel)
- Utah State Archives
- Utilization, Support, & Accountability
- You Suck Ass
- United States Army Communications-Electronics Engineering Installation Agency
- United States Army Computer Systems Support & Evaluation Command
- Uniting and Strengthening America By Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 (US legislation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
That applied only to rural higher-risk, larger-diameter onshore pipelines that are located in or within one-half mile of an unusually sensitive area (USA) and operate at stress levels greater than 20 percent of specified minimum yield strength.
In the future, OPS also plans to include road and rail networks, important buildings such as schools and hospitals, and Unusually Sensitive Areas as defined by OPS, on the mapping system.
The phase one rulemaking, announced on May 18, applies to those low-stress pipelines 8 5/8 inches or greater in diameter located in or within a half-mile of an unusually sensitive area (USA).
It requires companies to determine first whether any pipeline segments cross areas with high population densities, or unusually sensitive areas from an environmental perspective, or navigable waters.