There are two ways to explain this unusual event, scientists say.
What does UE stand for?
UE stands for Unusual Event (safety and emergency planning)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UE
We have 19 other meanings of UE in our Acronym Attic
- Uniunea Europeana (Romanian: European Union)
- Universal English (Adobe)
- Universal Exports (James Bond movie)
- University Entrance (examination)
- University of Edinburgh (UK)
- University of Evansville (Evansville, IN)
- University of the East
- University of the East (Manila, Philippines)
- Unknown Enemy (gaming)
- Unreal Engine
Samples in periodicals archive:
Treasury note had dropped below the yield on a two-year note, an unusual event known as a yield-curve inversion.
A "casualty" is the damage, destruction or loss of property that results from sudden, unexpected or unusual events, such as hurricanes, tornadoes or floods.
The "normal" calculation of the 5% working materiality level takes an SEC registrant's pretax net income from continuing operations and normalizies it by adjusting for unusual events not anticipated in the current year.
Similar study designs, despite their limitations, have proven to be sensitive methods of identifying population-level health impacts from exposure to criteria air pollutants from exposure to unusual events, such as smoke from forest fires.